I am extremely excited to have sister Amanda Saab back on the podcast. She was on the podcast before MasterChef Season 6 started back on episode 128. Unfortunately her time was cut short on MasterChef. She joins me to talk about her last day on MasterChef and to answer listener questions.
Amanda is the very first Muslim to be on Fox’s MasterChef. A clinical social worker by training, Amanda Saab never gave up on her passion for cooking. At the young age of 5 she would enthusiastically help her mother out in the kitchen. At the age of 12, she was watching Emeril Live. For most teens, when they reach their 16th birthday there is only one thing on their mind; a car. But for Amanda, it was something far more special. For her 16th birthday, she asked for her very first Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Her passion for cooking shows not only in her amazingly beautiful dishes but her acceptance in MasterChef Season 6. Amanda might not be on MasterChef but she has big things coming down the pipeline inshallah! Stay tuned!
Questions & Topics in this Episode:
- How was it working with Gordon Ramsay?
- Was there any behind-the-scenes drama?
- Who became your best friend?
- Your favorite food?
- What do you hope to accomplish?
- What are a few cooking or baking tips you would like to share?
- Who did you feel your biggest Masterchef competitors were and why?