This interview is with dedicated author, Asmaa Hussein. Her book, “A Temporary Gift: Reflections on Love, Loss, and Healing” journals the tragic loss of her beloved husband Amr Kassem. On Friday, August 16, 2013, Asmaa’s husband Amr attended a peaceful protest in Egypt. An Egyptian army sniper shot and killed him, leaving a woman widowed and a child fatherless. One thing Asmaa has learned over these years is that Allah has your back. No matter what tragedy befalls us, we must always put our reliance in Allah and trust that He knows what is best for us.
Some Links and Topics Mentioned In This Episode
- Ruqaya’s Bookshelf (Website)
- All According to Plan Human Rights Watch
- Temporary Gift Amazon (US)
- Temporary Gift Amazon (Canada)
- Ruqaya’s Bookshelf Purchase e-book