Dr. Nora Rowley joins us this episode to talk about her research on the history of brutal targeted persecution of Rohingya. Dr. Rowley, formerly a field medical doctor in Northern Arakan state, and currently a human right advocate for Burma, specializing in Rohingya.
In addition, in this episode you’ll find out about:
- China’s role in Burma.
- Oil pipelines and foreign investments.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode Include:
- Channel 4: Dangerous Waters for Burma’s Rohingya Muslims (A piece by John Sparks)
- All You Can Do is Pray (A Human Rights Watch report on Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State)
- Fortify Rights International (by Matthew Smith)
- Physicians for Human Rights
- US Campaign for Burma