I am extremely excited to have sister Amanda Saab on the podcast this episode. She is the very first Muslim to be on Fox’s MasterChef. A clinical social worker by training, Amanda Saab never gave up on her passion for cooking. At the young age of 5 she would enthusiastically help her mother out in the kitchen. At the age of 12, she was watching Emeril Live. For most teens, when they reach their 16th birthday there is only one thing on their mind; a car. But for Amanda, it was something far more special. For her 16th birthday, she asked for her very first Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Her passion for cooking shows not only in her amazingly beautiful dishes but her acceptance in MasterChef Season 6. Go #TeamAmandaSaab
Questions & Topics in this Episode:
- What is her Professional Career?
- The story behind her name (Hint)
- How did she become interested in cooking?
- What made her decide to enter MasterChef?
- What were some of the pressures while trying out?
- Who is your biggest critic?
- What advice do you give to Muslim women?