This episode I speak with Kathryn Joyce who is an author and journalist based in New York City. Kathryn is a religion reporter, mainly focusing on women and reproductive issues within the US Evangelical Christian context. Kathryn talks about her recent book “The Child Catchers” and the dark side of the international adoption game. There are a lot of shady things that go on behind the scenes that we do not know of. This episode sheds light on a lot of those shady practices. Her book can be purchased on Amazon as hardcover or kindle.
In addition, in this episode you’ll find out about:
- How did he author get involved in adoption.
- Horror stories of adoptees.
- Tips for couples looking to adopt.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode Include:
- Land of Gazillion Adoptees (adoptee reform magazine):
- The Lost Daughters (blog written by adopted women, some of whom are now adoptive parents):
- First Mother Forum (blog written by first mothers/ birth mothers)
- Truth and Reconciliation for the Adoption Community of Korea (TRACK, an activist group run by Korean adult adoptees now working for reform in South Korea)
- Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform (an adoptive parents’ reform group):
- Alternative Care Uganda
- Reunite Uganda