Today, I am joined by George Collins, founder and director of Compulsion Solutions. He is also the author of “Breaking the Cycle: Free Yourself from Sex Addiction, Porn Obsession, and Shame.” We talk about the harm of pornography and ways to break the cycle. George shares his personal story of being addicted to pornography and how he overcame it. His clients include Muslims from Palestine, Qatar and Lebanon. It’s quite interesting how George talks about the advantage that Muslim porn addicts have over non-Muslims when it comes to “breaking the cycle.”
About George Collins
George Collins is the founder and director of Compulsion Solutions. He earned a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology (with a Transpersonal Specialization) from John F. Kennedy University and is a professional member of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). He is recognized as an acknowledged “expert” on sexually compulsive behavior participating in forums on pornography and sexual compulsion and has been a guest on local, national, and international radio and television shows. *
Topics and Links Mentioned In This Episode
- How do you tell if your partner is sexually addicted?
- Are there any specific behaviors to look for?
- What causes sex/porn addiction?
- What is “normal” and healthy sex and intimacy as opposed to an unhealthy sexual relationship?
- How has the internet changed people’s attitudes and behaviors around sex?
- What is “HALT”?
- Ways to overcome pornography addiction
- Best way to contact George for a FREE 30 minute consultation