This episode, I am joined by Ranya Shbeib, co-founder of Muslim Foster Care Association. True modern-day heros, Ranya Shbeib and Sameena Zahoor founded Muslim Foster Care Association to provide a support network for Muslim foster parents, educate the Muslim community about other opportunities to support foster families and foster kids (i.e. mentoring, tutoring, social work), and most importantly raise awareness about the growing number of Muslim children in the foster care system.
Some Links and Topics Mentioned In This Episode
- Muslim Foster Care Association (Website)
- Facebook Page
- Domestic Foster Care vs Refugee Foster Care
- Ranya Shbeib – Panel I: Voices from the Field – IIIT-FCNA Fiqh Forum on Adoption and Orphan Care
- How do you become “licensed” as a foster parent?
- Ways to help besides becoming licensed
- Biggest challenge as a foster family
- Muslim community reaction
- Omar Suleiman – Adoption & Foster Care Seminar